Big Jon Sportsman Electric Downrigger (EDO2012L)
Newly designed in 2014 with a more powerful "Hemi" Motor the Sportsman (EDO2012L) electric downrigger can retrieve at 120 feet per minute.
- Big Jon Sports' entry level electric downrigger, the "Sportsman" was designed for the small boat fisherman. It is designed to be fished straight off the back of the boat. Don't let the entry level status fool you, this unit still has alot of the features found on the Captain's Pak. With over 40 years on the water, this downrigger is built to last the test of time.
- The Sportsman's 12 volt sealed motor is the same motor found on the Captain's Pak and features an adjustable disc clutch that will retrieve a 12 pound cannonball at 120 feet per minute (a practical speed for most fishermen's needs).
- The Sportsman has as standard equipment: a single rod holder and a Big Jon line release.
- The Band Buster line release is one of the simplest line releases you could ask to use. Also, it is very popular because it signals when a fish strikes, by transmitting the action to the rod tip, making the rod tip bounce.
- Also included with your Sportsman is; a 4 inch x 4 inch mounting plate, a footage counter, and 200 feet of stainless steel cable.
- All Big Jon downriggers are given a bright anodized finish that will resist corrosion and add a beauty to your boat that plastic riggers can not offer. The bright Silver finish will make your boat shine.